- Ishea and Brittany had a whole conversation about why late people are late. My takeaway is that it's a combination of being an introvert who doesn't really want to go out and not giving a damn. They also noted that extroverts are pushy (we are) and I'm going to try to keep that in mind when I plan group events and folks are not on time.
- I know very little about Native Americans. Like I know less about Native Americans than mainstream America knows about black people. I am (out-of-nowhere) embarrassed by this.
- I'm 30. It's time out for these punk ass weekend vacations we take. The next time I go out of the country, I'm trying to be there for 5 days or longer. It's not worth the stress to be out of the office for three days.
- On that same note, I have fewer days off than I ever have before, but want to take longer vacations. This actually makes sense because most people here won't take a Friday or a Monday (we don't have enough days). We save up these punk ass 2 weeks off and really vacation. It's a definite cultural shift for me.
- Buzzfeed gives me life every day. Every. Day.
- I still don't know how I can be effective in doing anything about Trayvon Martin or Stand Your Ground. I've been devouring information about laws and I'm almost set up to mentor a girl in Pittsburgh. (These mogs need amongst other things a TB test and an FBI clearance. This 16-point checklist they have me completing should FURTHER let you know how serious I am about giving back.) If you've been able to make any changes or contribute to any causes, please share. The more we share, the more we grow.
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Haven't done one of these in a while. So much random stuff on my mind.