Monday, February 10, 2014

About Complaining...

I was talking one day and I said:

"So I was complaining on Facebook yesterday... actually, no I was not complaining, I was stating facts."

Then everyone nodded their head in agreement with me.

I was wrong and they were dead wrong.

It recently occurred to me that complaining is stating negative facts. Because if I was truly just stating facts, then it would be like my car works, my heat works, I woke up and put two feet on the floor without thinking about it and they connected to my other body parts and they all work.

The attitude of gratitude is someone like the emotion of happiness. I have to work at it. I have to consciously think about it.

The complaints are the one negative thing that happened to me in a single day, but it was like 1 million positive things that happened to me that same day, so why would I open my mouth to complain.

Social media is a problem. It's like I want to tell everyone all the bad stuff so they can commiserate with me and I can feel validated in my misery.

I can't say that I will never complain again. I mean, we all have to go to the post office and call Comcast and that just BEGS for a complain on Twitter.

But I am really trying to focus on the things coming out of me having a greater perspective. And if I only point out the negative, I'm doing a disservice to my creator who has blessed me with so much positive.

Just something that's been on my mind.

1 comment:

Ishea said...

For every negative, there is a positive. I don't think you have to completely do away with ever venting your frustrations, but if say something negative on social media (or in life) follow-up it up with a positive! For instance, my dog ate the cable remote and now I can only change the channels through an app on my boyfriend's phone and tablet... BUT I am blessed to be able to afford cable, and a phone to call comcast to replace that remote lol :)