Thursday, July 10, 2014

Maybe It's Just Me...

Have you ever had a positive phone experience with a telephone, internet or cable service provider? There MUST be some happy stories of being on the phone with Comcast or Verizon. I just don't have any. Although, I'm excited to be canceling my cable, when I called Verizon to add internet to my phone service, we were on the phone for 30 minutes with them explaining my options to me. Then they transfer me to third party verifiers (required by the FCC) and the call disconnects. I call back and after another 30 minutes, the man on the phone completes my order and confirms that I don't need a third party verifier.

This is on Tuesday. A full hour of my life gone.

It's now Thursday and I get a voicemail at 8 a.m. saying I need to call them back to third party verify. Then I call and it disconnects the call. THEN I call back and I need my home phone number to finish the transaction. Fam. Who knows their home number in 2014?

This is why I decided to do this on my day off. Now, I'm at work wasting billable hours on the phone with Verizon because they FCC has extra rules.

Further, I don't think my internet box is going to come on time because I didn't verify until Thursday, therefore making me spend more money on cable when the point is to SAVE money. Chile.

Also, why do all people who work on the phone talk slow as hell. It's like all call centers are located at senior homes in the south.

P.S. I've been writing about Comcast and their customer care hit my comments. I wish their service was as good as their social media outreach. It's like companies with good marketing and bad products. You gotta meet in the middle somewhere and they just don't.

Anywho, please share you good phone and cable company stories. I'll wait.

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

Looks like I found you again. I am not stalking you, but your blog came up in my searches :).

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that we would hate for you to leave us. If you are willing to give us a the opportunity, we'd like to see if we can offer a better pricing for you. If you are interested in my help, you know how to reach me :)

Thanks,

ComcastMark
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com