Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tea's Tangents: Part 2

1. You all know I'm goofy. These kermit and Daquan memes have me in tears daily.

2. I'm not really jet lagged. Spain is 6 hours ahead of the east coast. Most nights we got in somewhere between 3 a.m. (if it was a chill night) and 6 a.m. (if it was a regular night), so it was like going to bed between 9 p.m. and 12 a.m. on the east coast. I woke up at 7 a.m. (1 p.m. in Spain) like LET'S GET IT CRACKIN'!!! LOL!

3. I just finished cooking dinner. I think if I didn't have nonstick pans, I may not be able to cook. I didn't learn how to cook in nonstick pans. When I cook for Thanksgiving at my mom's, I don't use nonstick pans. But I have the irrational thought that my food will taste like crap if I use real pots and pans. Welcome to the crazy part of my head. This is what happens when you spend hours by yourself. Crazy run amok.

4. I am beasting my to-do list. However, I came to a swift halt when I tried to cancel my cable. Every two weeks, I try to cancel my cable. Pretty much every 15 days, when I sit down and look at my budget and realize that I'm paying way too much for cable and I'm not even in the house that much.

So my bill right now is $137.45 for Cable, Internet and phone through Comcast. I don't even use the phone, but it's cheaper to have it than to have cable and internet by themselves. Every time I try to downgrade or cancel it eliminates the bundle discount and so I'd essentially save $20-$30 to get SIGNIFICANTLY fewer channels and service and that's silly.

So I think about it and don't go through with it. Today, on the heels of a Euro-trip, two pending trips to Chicago and not being able to sell my damn On The Run Tour tickets, I'm like I MUST cancel my cable.

Internet at the same speed would be $74.95 plus tax. Fam... I'm not mathematician, but that just doesn't make sense.

So I started researching where I could get cheaper internet and I flip over my Verizon home phone service bill (inadvertently) and lo and behold I can get both home phone (which I have to have to buzz people into my building, so irritating) and high speed internet for $59.99. After calling, it's going to end up being $64 or something like that BUT that's still a savings of $100 a month, which is what I was going for.

Now the kicker is will I remember to call and cancel Comcast on Friday when the Verizon modem gets here. I'm actually going to Chicago after work on Friday, so I won't even know if it's there or not until Sunday. Wasting money by the day, but I can't go without internet for even a day. I would go mad. I'm going to send myself a calendar alert to call and cancel.

5. I'm about to workout, finish my laundry, eat this dinner that I cooked (YAY ME!), check my work email for the first time in 10 days and binge on cable TV since I only have it for another week or so.

Happy Monday y'all. 

Coming Up (So I don't forget to write it)
- European Observations
- Places to go in Spain
- Lala's Book review
- Can You Hear Me Now

2 comments:

Ishea said...

Welcome back!!!!

I'll remind you to cancel your cable lol

ComcastCares1 said...

Hi there!

I work for Comcast. I can reach out to my local colleagues to see if we can offer a better pricing for you. If you're interested in my help, please feel free to contact me with your account info at the email provided below.

Thanks,

ComcastMark
we_can_help@cable.comcast.com